Established in 1998, the CMRF Bowen Science Building location was added to the CMRF in order to serve the investigators of the Center for Gene Therapy as the Cell Morphology Core (CMC). Today, the Bowen location boasts several available techniques and a full-time staff member for consultation and training.
The Bowen Science Building Facility houses:
- Zeiss 510 Confocal Microscope
- Olympus BX-51 Light Microscope with digital image capture
- (2) Microm Cryostats
- Paraffin Sectioning and Staining Stations
- Automated Tissue Processor
- Automated Slide Stainer
- Ultramicrotomy Station for EM Sample Preparation
Equipment located in Bowen is currently available for reservation through the CMRF online signup system.
The CMRF is pleased to continue to support the Center for Gene Therapy as well as other investigators located in Bowen Science Building.