Trowbridge Hall - Room B21H
- The Hitachi S-3400N SEM is a high performance, user-friendly scanning electron microscope with new improvements that allow the best results for a wide range of applications. Features include:
- Unique VP-mode that allows microscopy of wet, oily and non-conductive samples in their natural state without the need of conventional sample preparation.
- 3.0 nm resolution guaranteed in high vacuum mode or 4.0 nm in VP-mode.
- 3.0nm High Vacuum Mode
- 4.0nm Variable Pressure Mode
- Accomodates 10 inch specimen
- Three high TOA ports for EDS, WEDS, EBSP, XRF, etc.
- Fully eucentric, 5 axis computer controlled motorized stage
- Electron Gun
- Variable Quad Bian Circuitry with SE Accelerator Plate
- Full automation including "no touch" objective aperture alignment
- Turbo Molecular Pump (TMP)