Eckstein Medical Research Building - Room 88
- The Kratos Axis Ultra high performance x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy system, also commonly called a Scanning Electron Spectrometer for Chemical Analysis (ESCA) Microprobe.
- Uses a state-of-the-art scanned and focused x-ray beam to characterize and probe the surface properties of particles and thin films.
- Quantitative elemental information as well as the chemical state of each element can be obtained.
- High energy resolution and charge neutralization for both conductive and insulating samples.
- Multi-point spectroscopy via an incorporated electrostatic deflection system.
- Ability to obtain fast, parallel chemical images.