Eckstein Medical Research Building - Room 3
- The IX81 is Olympus' most advanced motorized microscope, providing high standards of observation, measurement and functional operation.
- The Olympus IX-81 is a custom built inverted microscope designed for long-term imaging of living cells and tissues.
- The system is fully motorized and incorporates an environmental chamber that maintains ideal temperature, humidity and CO2 levels.
- Imaging modes include epi-fluorescence (UV, Fitc, Rite, Cy5), brightfield, multi-channel time-lapse acquisition.
- Available lenses include 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x dry, and 60x and 100x oil.
- A perfusion system is available as is separate CO2 incubator.
- UIS2 Optics are designed to maximize S/N ratio and optical performance for live cell fluorescence imaging.
- Two-tier multi-port design ensures input/output flexibility.
- Improved S/N ratio enables efficient detection of even weak fluorescence.
- Second filter turret is now available which contains filters for Cerulean (CFP), GFP, mKOrange, and mCherry fluorescent proteins. See staff for instruction on how to switch the turrets.