About Our Society
The Iowa Microscopy Society is a non-profit affiliate of the Microscopy Society of America (MSA). The goals of this organization are to bring together people interested in microscopy, and to foster the exchange of ideas and information. In support of that mission the IMS hosts an annual symposium that highlights a variety of microscopy-related topics.
Iowa Microscopy Society 2016 Fall Meeting - September 28th
The Iowa Microscopy Society is pleased to announce it will be holding its annual symposium Wednesday September 28th at the University of Iowa in room 283 of the Eckstein Medical Research Building. Talented faculty, staff and students from the University of Iowa and other institutions will present cutting edge research and new methodology from a variety of imaging techniques. Registration is not required to attend the meeting, though registered attendees will receive an IMS t-shirt and will be official voting members of the Society. A detailed schedule and meeting poster will be posted here soon.
Featured again this year are two IMS Symposium traditions:
The Iowa Art in Science Competition:
The goal of The Iowa Art in Science Contest is to recognize the combination of outstanding scientific discovery and artistic appeal inherent to microscopy research. Corporate supporters of the IMS Symposium have generously donated prizes to be awarded to contest winners.
Microscopy Equipment and Supplies Vendor Displays:
On September 28th microscope and related-supplies vendors will be displaying equipment and information in the EMRB Atrium. Displays will be open from 10AM through 3PM. Please take some time to meet with the vendors, see their products and thank them for their generous support of the IMS Symposium. Pizza will be served over the lunch hour.
Tom Moninger, IMS President
MSA Special Offer for Professionals, Staff, and Students
Microscopy professionals and students are encouraged to enroll as a member of the Society for as little as $20.00 for students and $60.00 for others. By doing so, they will immediately have access to all of the following services, and more:
- A subscription to the high-quality journal: Microscopy & Microanalysis
- A free subscription to Microscopy Today
- Access to extensive educational materials & activities
- Share tools and techniques with members from across the country with the MSA On-line Member Directory
- Access to a variety of focused interest groups...see http://www.microscopy.org/communities/fig.cfm for a current list.
- The new MSA quarterly newsletter
- Reduced prices for books and journals from publishers and microscopy societies from around the world
- PLUS, significant discounts on registration to the Microscopy and Microanalysis 2016 meeting July 24-28, 2016 in Columbus, OH.
Please feel free to call 1-800-538-3672 or send an email with any questions you might have about the meeting or the Society in general. See you in Portland!
The Iowa Microscopy Society is a Local Affiliated society of the Microscopy Society of America.
Please help support the Microscopy Society of America by joining.